I present, Christmas Wishlist of 2005!
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. [Note: Your home address is not required!]
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. LJ Paid time. I know, I know, I whine about it and beg for it every six months (and hey, Christmas and my birthday are almost exactly six months apart, so YAY ;)), but my credit card is simply not accepted by either LJ or PayPal, so some nice people buying it for me... this is my only way to get it. And I'm running out! It expires at December 23rd! (back to 3 icons, OH, JOY). So, yeah. Paid time.
2. If you are crazy enough to spend actual money on me, and you're not buying me the paytime (but hey, buy the paytime, eh?), then I want, need, crave, desire, am going mad because I can't get it:
3. Not necessarily bought (because that would be crazy and all, but hey, if you're feeling that generous): Farscape. Burned on cd, posted on a server so I can download, hell, even yousendit links. I just can't get it anywhere (every time I use a torrent a kitten... no, kidding. my puter. dies.). Same with second season of Dead Like Me.
4. Fic! Fic, fic, ficlet, drabble, llama, llama, vid! You know what I like, but currently highest on my personal TP (concept of OTP is, as everyone knows, lost on me) list are (in no particular order): Fred/Giles, Fred/Wesley, Lilah/Fred/Wesley (do we see a pattern? Naaaaah), Fred/River, Wedge/anyone, Lee/Kara (yes, please!), Adama/Roslin, Sheppard/Weir, Gibbs/Dinozzo, Jack/Daniel, Veronica/Logan, did I mention Lee/Kara?, Max/Logan, Brian/Justin, George/Mason, Lee/Kara!, Obi-Wan/Anakin, Daniel/Vala, Aziraphale/Crowley, Sayid/Shannon, any Discworld that has Vimes or Susan in it, hot Lee/Kara in the brig, Buffy/Giles and Giles/Wesley, as always, Wyr/Art (come on, Cala, I'm counting on you!), Bethany/Giles (again, Cala, Khal?), Kara/Lee (ha! that was sneaky! wasn't it?), Giles/Illyria, Giles/Faith, Faith/Fred, Sheppard/McKay and Teal'c/Cam.
I wasn't subtle enough about Lee/Kara, eh? Lee. Kara. Hot. Angsty. Smutty. Angry. In the brig. On a Viper. On Daddy Adama's desk. Lee/Kara!
Oh, and maybe some Lee/Wedge? altogether now, on the 'llama song' tune: flying, flying, sex!
Don't forget about my kinks: ties, desks, books, english, glasses, libraries, pilots (Kara! Lee!), pleated skirts, white shirts, dirty talk, angst angst smut!
5. Icons. Mood ones, ya know, those that say 'squee' and 'bored' and 'university sucks' and 'sleepy' and 'smile' and 'grin' and 'yawn' and whatnot? you know the ones.
Preferably with Amy Acker/Fred or Jessica Alba.
Any Lee, Kara or Lee/Kara icons welcomed.
And Wedge icons. There's not enough Wedge icons in this galaxy.
6. A different president.
I just thought I'd mention that in case Santa really reads my LJ.
7. Full LJ layout. With banner and icons and codings and stuff.
Either my favourite geeks (Giles, Wesley, Daniel, Fred) or all my lovely pilots (Wedge, Lee, Kara, Sheppard). Or, ya know, that pairing. Ya know what pairing. LEE/KARA pairing.
am not obsessed.
8. Beta services. No, seriously. Just offer to be my beta for the... what, 300 fics I need to write for the challenges I signed up for? *sigh*. Yeah....
9. Old books. I suffer from lack of good books in English, and I'm quickly running out of the ones I can get in my city. So if you have books you're not reading anymore? Send them to me and I'll love you for ever.
10. Have a great Christmas. This wishlist is one more proof that LJ is an amazing, amazing community of people who never met BUT they genuinely care for each other. The fact that they are eager to give presents to others, those whom they never met... it's awesome. More than so. So, even if you don't have money nor time to get me anything from this list... just have a great Christmas and then tell us about it. Happy posts light up my day.
If you are to get me something (especially #2, #3 or #9), or just want to send me a Christmas card you may need my address.
os Kazimierzowskie 29/210
Thank you. Now, go and post yours! Oh, and comment here if you hadn't before and give me your address so I can send you a Christmas Card.
Comments are screened.
Also: Lee! Kara!
(had to *sheepish*)